In today’s environment, effective provisioning is as difficult as it is essential. Budgets are tight and schedules shortened, but competition continually demands that enterprises remain nimble and adaptable. Any advantage that allows developers, test engineers and QA teams to develop, test and deploy software applications faster can be a competitive differentiator.
When a cloud environment brings these siloed teams together, they can dispense with the long IT procurement phase and become a self-service provider of on-demand infrastructure services, saving both time and money. Mixing in the hybrid solution, they can develop on premise and then, when they’re tested and ready, move to a public cloud provider such as AWS.
In this analyst roundtable discussion, our panel will address these dev/test topics:
- Dev/test as a starting point for dipping into the cloud
- Having the freedom and agility to choose between public and hybrid clouds
- Facilitating the use of the cloud from an administrative and user perspective
- The migration to the cloud being as much about people and process as it is about technology
Our panel of experts includes:
- Andy Knosp, VP of Product, Eucalyptus
- David Linthicum, CTO and founder, Blue Mountain Labs
- Steve Hawley, president, principal analyst and consultant, TV Strategies (TM)
- Ryan Shriver, managing consultant, Dominion Digital