SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – May 9, 2011 – Eucalyptus Systems, creators of the world's most widely deployed software platform for on-premise infrastructure-as-a-service clouds, today announced that Ken Rojas, senior project manager for the USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) Information Technology Center will discuss the USDA-NRCS's Eucalyptus cloud deployment in a hybrid cloud environment as part of an upcoming webinar on open source and cloud computing in the government. Rojas will be joined in the webinar by executives from Lockheed Martin, Red Hat (partnered with reseller DLT Solutions), Market Connections and Government Executive Media Group to discuss how cloud computing and open source software intersect to provide economical, flexible, and secure benefits in IT deployment.
- Open Source and the Cloud: Benefits to Your Agency's IT Deployments
The federal government is blazing new trails in IT implementation by mandating the adoption of cloud computing as a best practice. At the same time, government IT professionals are looking to understand how cloud computing can benefit their organizations and be implemented cost-effectively and quickly. This webinar will:
- Present findings from a recent Lockheed Martin and Market Connections, Inc. study including the state of open source awareness, understanding and usage in government
- Explore the relationship between open source software and cloud computing
- Review federal case studies of open source cloud computing success stories
- Provide recommendations for adopting open source cloud applications in organizations from federal IT professionals actively using open source software
- Provide recommendations on specific open source platform and tool suites
- Ken Rojas, Senior Project Manager, USDA-NRCS Information Technology Center
- Melvin Greer, Senior Fellow, Chief Strategist Cloud Computing, Lockheed Martin
- Cynthia Poole, Research Director, Market Connections, Inc.
- Gunnar Hellekson, Chief Technology Strategist, US Public Sector Group, Red Hat
- Andrea White, Director of Events, Government Executive Media Group (Moderator)
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 2:00 p.m. EDT
- To Register: