This step will show you how to use the User Console to select a Eucalyptus Machine Image (EMI) and launch an instance. The EMI contains a standard CentOS 6 operating system.
To launch an instance:
- Log into the Eucalyptus User Console
- From the dashboard click Launch new instance
- In the Create new Instance dialog select the machine image, emi-201134C0. (its name begins with eustore-euca-centos6.4) and click Next: Select type
- (Optional) In Instance name(s), enter a name for your instance
- Click Next: Select security
- In Key Name, select demo-key
- In Security group, select demo-security-group
Your screen should look similar to the image above.
- Click Launch instance(s)
- You are redirected to the Manage Instances page where you can monitor the status of your instance. Wait until the instance status changes to
You will now provision and attach storage to your instance as shown in the next step: Add a Volume
As an optional task you may connect to your instance.