For the purposes of this Getting Started exercise this task is optional. To complete this task you will need an ssh client on your local machine and the private key used to launch the instance. Windows users may also be required to convert the private key into a format supported by the local ssh client. Skip this optional task
Get public IP Address
- Log into the Eucalyptus User Console
- From the navigation pane click Running in the Instances section
- Locate the instance you launched in Step 2. Copy the public IP address
Connect from Linux
Most Linux and MacOSX computers have an SSH client by default. From a command prompt type the following:
ssh -i /path/demo-keypair.pem firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect from Windows
- Launch PuTTY
- In the Category pane, select Session and complete the following fields:
- In the Host Name box, enter email@example.com
- Under Connection type, select SSH.
- Ensure that Port is 22.
- In the Category pane, expand Connection, expand SSH, and then select Auth. Complete the following:
- Click Browse
- Select the .ppk file you generated for your key pair, and then click Open.
- Click Open to start the PuTTY session.
If this is the first time you have connected to this instance, PuTTY displays a security alert dialog box that asks whether you trust the host you are connecting to. Click Yes. A window opens and you are connected to your instance.