HP Helion Eucalyptus is open source software that enables the creation of a self-service private cloud platform for developing, testing and deploying cloud applications compatible with the most widely used public cloud. Using a common set of APIs, you can easily move workloads between your on-premises HP Helion Eucalyptus cloud infrastructure and AWS, letting you minimize costs, manage company data, meet compliance requirements and enable DevOps processes.
With HP Helion Eucalyptus delivers the best of both worlds when it comes to cloud: The unparalleled scalability of AWS and the dedicated performance, security and control of on-premises IT infrastructure. If your company started with an entirely AWS environment, then you can go on using the same tools, scripts and images with HP Helion Eucalyptus. Or, if HP Helion Eucalyptus is the first part of your cloud journey, then our deep AWS API compatibility sets you up to efficiently scale and automate hybrid cloud infrastructure as operations grow.
HP Helion Eucalyptus is compatible with the following AWS features:
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Elastic Block Storage (EBS)
- Amazon Machine Image (AMI)
- Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Auto Scaling
- Elastic Load Balancing
This extensive compatibility offers the highest level of quality and fidelity to easily transfer workloads between the two ecosystems - an application can be developed within HP Helion Eucalyptus private clouds using dedicated resources and then migrated unchanged to AWS when it is ready for production.
Benefits of a hybrid cloud
What do customers get from this broad API compatibility? For starters, they do not have to rewrite applications before moving them to a different platform, nor do they need to maintain versions that are specific to one environment or the other.
Being able to freely use familiar tools across both HP Helion Eucalyptus and AWS leads to rapid, efficient and cost-effective dev/test and deployment. The entire application development process can be fully controlled, with instances running in the data center or on AWS, depending on the requirements of a given workload. The end result is a much more agile organization that can help empower faster innovation throughout the business.
The benefits extend beyond dev/test and application portability. Eucalyptus users can:
- Dramatically reduce cloud expenditures by shifting workloads between private and public infrastructure
- Increase utilization of existing IT assets and fulfill resource requests in a matter of minutes, not months
- Set up cutting-edge hardware that provides dependable, dedicated performance for your Eucalyptus private cloud
- Take advantage of AWS ecosystem tools to monitor and manage cloud services and images
- Avoid vendor lock-in by using HP Helion Eucalyptus, the open source reference implementation of AWS services, ensuring application and data portability
- Standardize application policies using IAM for both public and private cloud
- Meet regulatory compliance by using the private cloud to keep data in your own environment
Benefits of HP Helion Eucalyptus
Whether your organization has been using the cloud for years or is just now considering possible solutions, HP Helion Eucalyptus can meet your needs.
For current AWS users, HP Helion Eucalyptus lets you go on receiving the key benefits from the public cloud ecosystem - scalability and a variety of advanced services - while also leveraging in-house infrastructure to the fullest. On-premises hardware and software are often underutilized for tasks such as testing, but the automation and speed of HP Helion Eucalyptus solves this problem by letting you get more from key assets.
At the same time, with HP Helion Eucalyptus you ensure that you meet regulatory compliance and can properly scale testing, reducing spend per test and setting up processes that are driven by business requirements rather than economics.
If you have not used AWS but still want to leverage cloud architecture, then HP Helion Eucalyptus gives you plenty of tools to get started. It is easily set up on major Linux distributions with support for the KVM hypervisor. As open source software, HP Helion Eucalyptus is always improving, giving you increasingly efficient ways to rapidly develop applications and deploy them in across public and private clouds.
Read customer case studies to learn more.