Eucalyptus is the ideal hybrid IT platform to develop, test, and deploy AWS-compatible private cloud applications. It gives you the controlled environment you need for cost-effective internal development and massive testing, while allowing for deployment on AWS. No other private cloud platform offers you such seamless compatibility with AWS.
Eucalyptus supports the same services you use today, including: EC2, EBS, S3, IAM, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and CloudWatch. Our partnership with AWS ensures the highest fidelity and quality, enabling users to develop and test cloud applications with Eucalyptus, then deploy them unchanged on the AWS public cloud. Further benefits include:
- Significantly reduce public cloud spend by shifting develop workloads to lower-cost private cloud platform.
- Increase utilization of existing IT assets and reduce resource fulfillment times from months to minutes.
- Utilize ecosystem tools designed for AWS, including monitoring, cloud service management, and image management
- Leverage existing VMware or KVM virtualization investments by overlaying an AWS-compatible private cloud
- Use Eucalyptus as the open source reference implementation for AWS compatibility to support new developments, tools, and continuous innovation
- Standardize application and usage policies using IAM for both the Amazon public cloud and Eucalyptus private cloud
- Satisfy regulatory compliance by using AWS and Eucalyptus to keep private data in your own data center
What This Means to You
For AWS Users
If you already use AWS in your organization for applications, elastic computing, or storage, you can use Eucalyptus to leverage the cost-savings and control associated with in-house IT infrastructure while at the same time enjoying the cloud benefits of AWS. With an AWS-compatible Eucalyptus private cloud, you'll ensure regulatory compliance, increase testing performance while reducing spend, and add hybrid flexibility to your architecture.
For Non-AWS Users
If you are not an AWS cloud user but are interested in building a flexible IT architecture, Eucalyptus is the easiest and most efficient way to get started. Eucalyptus is open source, compatible with multiple hypervisors including KVM and VMware, and can be installed on any of the major Linux distributions. Develop and test and deploy applications locally with Eucalyptus with the speed and agility a modern cloud platform offers, and gain the freedom to deploy locally with Eucalyptus or globally with AWS.