SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – May 9, 2011 – Eucalyptus Systems, creators of the world's most widely deployed software platform for on-premise infrastructure-as-a-service clouds, today announced that Ken Rojas, senior project manager for the USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) Information Technology Center will discuss the USDA-NRCS's Eucalyptus cloud deployment in a hybrid cloud environment as part of an upcoming webinar on open source and cloud computing in the government. Rojas will be joined in the webinar by executives from Lockheed Martin, Red Hat (partnered with reseller DLT Solutions), Market Connections and Government Executive Media Group to discuss how cloud computing and open source software intersect to provide economical, flexible, and secure benefits in IT deployment.
- Open Source and the Cloud: Benefits to Your Agency's IT Deployments
The federal government is blazing new trails in IT implementation by mandating the adoption of cloud computing as a best practice. At the same time, government IT professionals are looking to understand how cloud computing can benefit their organizations and be implemented cost-effectively and quickly. This webinar will:
- Present findings from a recent Lockheed Martin and Market Connections, Inc. study including the state of open source awareness, understanding and usage in government
- Explore the relationship between open source software and cloud computing
- Review federal case studies of open source cloud computing success stories
- Provide recommendations for adopting open source cloud applications in organizations from federal IT professionals actively using open source software
- Provide recommendations on specific open source platform and tool suites
- Ken Rojas, Senior Project Manager, USDA-NRCS Information Technology Center
- Melvin Greer, Senior Fellow, Chief Strategist Cloud Computing, Lockheed Martin
- Cynthia Poole, Research Director, Market Connections, Inc.
- Gunnar Hellekson, Chief Technology Strategist, US Public Sector Group, Red Hat
- Andrea White, Director of Events, Government Executive Media Group (Moderator)
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 2:00 p.m. EDT
- To Register:
About Eucalyptus Systems
Eucalyptus Systems provides IT organizations in enterprises, government agencies, Web and mobile businesses, and industry partners the most widely deployed software platform for on-premise Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) clouds. To date, over 25,000 Eucalyptus clouds have been started all over the world, including more than 20 percent of Fortune 100 companies. Eucalyptus is specifically designed for enterprise use, and the software platform is uniquely suited for hybrid clouds. Built as an open source product, Eucalyptus supports the industry-standard cloud API, Amazon Web Services, as well as all major virtualization platforms. The company has an active and growing ecosystem of customers, partners, developers and researchers that benefit from Eucalyptus' open, fast and standards-compliant path to cloud computing. For more information about Eucalyptus, please visit http://www.eucalyptus.com.
# # #
Eucalyptus and Eucalyptus Systems are pending trademarks in the U.S. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.