Cost: $1,995 US
Seats Available Per Class: 14
When you select the course, you must also choose a course session. Have questions? Contact us!
Eucalyptus 3: Design, Build, and Manage a Eucalyptus Cloud is a hands-on, lab-centric course for (1) Cloud Administrators who are building and managing a Eucalyptus cloud and (2) Developers who will deploy and run applications on the Eucalyptus cloud. The course consists of lectures, instructor-led demonstrations, hands-on student labs, and in-class discussions.
No prior Eucalyptus or cloud computing experience is required, but students should be comfortable with using a command line and have a working knowledge of server virtualization. Cloud administrators should also have familiarity with networking configuration, file systems and storage systems.
- Length of Class
- 24 class hours (three 8-hour days)
- Topics Covered
- Cloud Computing Concepts: Cloud computing topics, terminology, use cases, and related technologies.
- Eucalyptus Architecture and Design Considerations: The components and underlying architecture of Eucalyptus and how this affects system design.
- Eucalyptus Installation and Configuration: Install and Configure Eucalyptus 3 in a Proof of Concept environment, including security, networking, users, and groups.
- Eucalyptus Management and Maintenance: Tools to manage images, instances, storage, meta-data, and perform troubleshooting.
- Lectures, instructor-led walkthroughs and hands-on labs.
- Lab Environment
- The lab environment will be a remotely hosted Eucalyptus Education Cloud (EEC).
Have several people in your company that need training, or a customized subset of the topics above? Request Onsite Training