FastStart allows you to install the various Eucalyptus
components in different configurations. You can choose the configuration option
at boot time.
- Make sure the FastStart media is in the media drive and boot the computer from that
- Wait for the Eucalyptus boot screen to appear, and then select the appropriate option:
- Choose Cloud-in-a-Box if you want your entire Eucalyptus
cloud installed on this single system.
- Choose Node Controller if you want to set up Eucalyptus
across multiple physical systems. Node Contollers should be configured first.
- Choose Frontend if you want to set up Eucalyptus across multiple
physical systems and you've already installed all of your Node Controllers.
- You may safely accept all defaults, except for the network interface configuration.
At the page
where you set your hostname, click the Configure Network button.
The Network Connections window displays.
- In the Network Connections window, select the network interface and click Edit.
The Editing System Interface window for the connection displays.
- In the Editing System Interface window, click Connect automatically.
- Click the IPv4 Settings tab and do the following:
- Change the Method from "Automatic (DHCP)" to "Manual". It is not recommended
to run Eucalyptus under DHCP.
- In the Address area, click Add and
fill in the system's IP address and gateway. (Netmask should be filled automatically.)
- In the DNS servers field, enter the IP address for your DNS servers, comma-delimited (for example, 18.104.22.168,
- Click Apply and finish with the installation.
- Repeat on each machine you will use for FastStart.
Now that FastStart has been installed on all systems, you are ready to configure your
systems. For a multi-system
install, proceed to Node Controller Configuration
(after which you will
configure the Frontend). For a cloud-in-a-box install, proceed directly to Frontend