Eucalyptus Systems is a leading private and hybrid cloud infrastructure vendor that provides progressive IT organizations with the only open source software for building highly AWS-compatible private clouds. Eucalyptus currently supports the following AWS APIs, with more features being planned for future releases: EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Auto Scaling, CloudWatch, and IAM. By providing an open source platform for private cloud infrastructure, Eucalyptus is dedicated to the success of its active and rapidly growing ecosystem of customers, partners, developers, and researchers.
Eucalyptus is the ideal hybrid IT cloud infrastructure platform to develop, test, and deploy cloud applications. It gives you the controlled cloud infrastructure environment needed for internal development and massive testing, while seamlessly allowing for production deployment to planetary scale on AWS. No other private cloud infrastructure platform vendor offers you both the organizational agility enabled by such high compatibility with AWS along with the visibility, cost-effectiveness, and control of managin your in-house resources.
With Eucalyptus private cloud infrastructure, your organization can:
- Develop and test cloud applications using Eucalyptus, then deploy them unchanged on AWS
- Access the same ecosystem of tools designed for AWS, including monitoring, cloud service management, and image management
- Leverage existing VMware or KVM virtualization investments by overlaying an AWS-compatible private cloud
- Use Eucalyptus as the open source reference implementation for AWS compatibility to support new developments, tools, and continuous innovation
- Take advantage of a common web services platform between AWS and Eucalyptus Web Services supporting EC2, EBS, S3, IAM, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and CloudWatch
- Standardize application and usage policies using IAM for both Amazon and Eucalyptus
- Satisfy regulatory and compliance requirements by using AWS and Eucalyptus to keep private data in your own data center
What This Means to You
For AWS Users
If you already use AWS in your organization for applications, elastic computing, or storage, you can now use Eucalyptus to leverage the benefits of AWS within your on-premises IT environment. This can help you overcome regulatory and compliance roadblocks, increase performance, and add flexibility to your architecture.
For Non-AWS Users
If you are not an AWS user but are interested in building a flexible IT cloud infrastructure architecture, Eucalyptus is the easiest and most efficient way to get started. Eucalyptus is open source, compatible with multiple hypervisors including KVM and VMware, and can be installed on any of the major Linux distributions.